axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: UTF problems still
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:40:29 GMT

Exactly - and the problem is that setting it without the quotes fails.

John Hawkins

             Kenneth Chiu
             <chiuk@cs.indiana
             .edu>                                                      To
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: UTF problems still
             Developers List"

Not sure exactly what you mean, but if xsd:byte is
defined as a signed char, you should be able to set the
value without the quotes.

    typedef signed char byte;
    byte c;
    c = -10;
    c = 120;

Enclosing in quotes means that you want the ASCII value of
the enclosed character:

    c = '0'; // Same as c = 48;

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, John Hawkins wrote:

> Hi Folks, any clues please?
>
> John Hawkins
>

>              John
>              Hawkins/UK/IBM@IB