axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: UTF problems still
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:06:19 GMT

Hi Folks, any clues please?

John Hawkins

             John
             Hawkins/UK/IBM@IB
             MGB                                                        To
                                       axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
             20/07/2004 15:44                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         UTF problems still
              "Apache AXIS C
             Developers List"

Hi Folks,
got a problem with UTF still - >

did the 1.2 code change anything to do with how the xsd:byte types are
serialized?
xsd:byte is supposed to be the range from -128 to 127, but I can only get
0-9 to work without getting an encoding error.

The problem I'm seeing is this:
I can set it to a single digit by enclosing it in single quotes, so if I
need to set it to 0, I have to use '0'.
If I try to set it to anything other than '0'-'9', I get an error similar
to the one below (since I can't use quotes.)

I need to be able to set it to values with two or three digits.
I would expect to be able to set a byte with just the number, not the
quotes.  Do you know how this is supposed to work?

thanks folks,
John.

John Hawkins