axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <>
Subject RE: Removal of prefix from HeaderBlock
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 05:47:27 GMT
	Will you be fixing this on interop grounds?

-----Original Message-----
From: Susantha Kumara []
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 11:31 AM
To: 'Apache AXIS C Developers List'
Subject: RE: Removal of prefix from HeaderBlock

I explained this API change by

But there was no feedback for this mail.

We can change the APIs back to enable setting *desired* namespace
prefixes. But this is not a lasting solution because if the namespace
prefix is in use and the Serializer puts dynamically generated prefix
again that particular server will fail.

> In any case, if the API existed before then removing it should be
> done after lots of flags and warnings .. otherwise anyone who depended
> on it is screwed.
> The suggestion Samisa made of "deprecating" old APIs before removing
> is very good. Maybe doxygen supports something like the @deprecated
> tag??
> Sanjiva.

specific individual and purpose, and is intended for the addressee only.  Any unauthorized
disclosure, use, dissemination, copying, or distribution of this message or any of its attachments
or the information contained in this e-mail, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete this message.

View raw message