axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From damitha kumarage <dami...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Axis C++ build in Linux is now very simple
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 04:06:14 GMT
Hi,

   With the useful feedback from Alexei, I understood the flaws of my
previous work done to make linux build simple.
However I did some work to overcome those flaws. I think further work
into this is needed but since the current one
at least make it simpler than the previous verison and follow the usual
make standards I put the work into cvs.

To build with apache2 server transport and expat parser library to the
location /usr/local/axiscpp_deploy

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/axiscpp_deploy \
    --with-apache2=/usr/local/apache2 \
    --with-expat=/usr/local/expat1957

make
make install

This will install
all libraries into /usr/local/axiscpp_deploy/lib
all executables into  /usr/local/axiscpp_deploy/bin
all configuration files into /usr/local/axiscpp_deploy/conf

With this approach still you need to set one environment varible
AXISCPP_DEPLOY=/usr/local/axiscpp_deploy

Axis C++ use this environment vaiable to locate the axiscpp.conf file
at the loaded by apache.

Also you need to set AXISCPP_HOME=where unpacked the source. This is
only needed if you build samples and tests. I may be able to
remove this restriction as well

thanks
damitha