axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From damitha kumarage <dami...@opensource.lk>
Subject Simpler build process for Axis C++ on Linux
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:27:47 GMT
Hi all,
I'm working on to make the linux build process simpler.
The tasks I plan to fulfill are as follows

* able to run the configure script after setting the environment

AXISCPP_HOME="Where you extract axisc++"
AXISCPP_DEPLOY="Where you need to install axis c++"
APACHE2_HOME="where you installed apache2. If you don't specify this
it will default to /usr/local/apache2"
XERCESC_HOME="Where you installed xercesc"
EXPAT_HOME="Where you installed expat"

export AXISCPP_HOME AXISCPP_DEPLOY APACHE2_HOME XERCESC_HOME EXPAT_HOME

./configure --prefix=$AXISCPP_DEPLOY \
    --libdir=$AXISCPP_DEPLOY/lib \
    --bindir=$AXISCPP_DEPLOY/bin \
    --enable-apache2=yes
    --build-expat=yes
    --build-xercesc=yes
    etc.

This will build xercesc, expat parser libraries apache2 server
transport  module and store the libraries in the folder you
specified in prefix.
When this is done there is no hazards of file copying etc.

Also I'll have just one build scripts that will build all libraries and
samples and tests.
I'm editing the configure.ac to achieve these goals.

thanks
damitha