axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Susantha Kumara" <susan...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: Implementation of SOAPTransport interface using LibWWW for client
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 05:18:33 GMT
Great job Samisa.

What is this 100-continue ?

Susantha
---

-----Original Message-----
From: Samisa Abeysinghe [mailto:samisa_abeysinghe@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 5:28 PM
To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
Subject: Implementation of SOAPTransport interface using LibWWW for
client

Hi All,
I developed a transport module for clients using the trasport
abstraction. I tested it on Linux and all seems to be fine except thread
safety. The module need to be tested on WIndows.
The Axis C++ server side fails to work with 100-continue. Axis Java is
capable of managing 100-continue. This is the default mode used in
LibWWW. I used a macro in Makefile.am to enable/disable 100-continue.
(use -DHT_EXT_CONTINUE to enable or -UHT_EXT_CONTINUE to disable in
AM_CPPFLAGS setting) I observed that the transport is much faster when
it is used without 100-continue. However, to disable 100-continue,
LibWWW need to be built with --with-extension option (./configure
--with-extension)
You do not need to bother about location of LibWWW headers and
libraries, provided that you have done the LibWWW installation properly.
I have used libwww-config in the Makefile.am to pick LibWWW specific
settings.
Once you build the library, you could use it by specifying the location
of the lib in $AXIS_HOME/axiscpp.conf file.
e.g.Transport_http:/usr/local/Axis/libs/libaxis_LibWWWTransport.so
For more information on LibWWW please see
http://www.w3.org/Library/User/
Issues:
The thread test in tests/client/threadSafe fails with this
implementation. Bit of surfing lead me to
http://www.w3.org/Library/User/Architecture/Events.html, which says
"LibWWW is not posix thread safe but it uses a 'pseudo-thread' model
based on non-blocking sockets and interleaved IO." Bit of research is
needed to figure out how to make this implementation thread safe. It
remains a TODO as of now.
Thanks,
Samisa...
  _____