axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Dick <adrian.d...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Extensions to API for Handlers
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:13:36 GMT

Hi,

On some levels I agree with you, but at a most basic level, a namespace
declaration is an attribute which has special meaning.
Also, when writing this I was taking the simplest approach of just exposing
the functionality already in place - which uses Attributes to create
Namespaces.

I understand your comments on the additional parameters, and agree with you
that I should have left out localname and value.

I have now adjusted to become:
   Attribute* createNamespaceDecl(const AxisChar *prefix,
       const AxisChar *uri)

(See attached file: IHeaderBlock.h.patch)(See attached file:
HeaderBlock.h.patch)(See attached file: HeaderBlock.cpp.patch)
It would probably also make sense to overload addNamespaceDecl to have the
same parameters.

Regards,
Adrian
_______________________________________
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)

             "Sanjiva
             Weerawarana"
             <sanjiva@opensour                                          To
             ce.lk>                    "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
                                       <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
             25-06-04 09:30                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Extensions to API for Handlers
              "Apache AXIS C
             Developers List"

"Adrian Dick" <adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com> writes:

>    int addNamespaceDecl(Attribute *pAttribute)

IMO this is not the right style .. namespace declarations are not
attributes.

>    Attribute* createNamespaceDecl(const AxisChar* localname,
>       const AxisChar* prefix, const AxisChar* uri, const AxisChar*
value);
>    Attribute* createNamespaceDecl(const AxisChar* localname,
>       const AxisChar* prefix, const AxisChar* value)

What are all these parameters?? A namespace declaration should
be a tuple: a namespace name (a URI) and a prefix (an NCName). I
don't understand what localname and value mean.

Sanjiva.