axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: memory management and AXIS_DEFINED_ARRAY
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:58:08 GMT
Susantha Kumara wrote:

>Hi Alek,

hi,

i read this and your other two emails and i still do not understand it
at all.

correct me if I am wrong but AXIS_DEFINED_ARRAY is struct with int*
pointer inside and i fail to see how it will be automatically deallocated?

>>xsd__int_Array Benchmark1PortType::echoInts(xsd__int_Array Value0)
>>{
>>    return Value0;
>>}
>>

>Here this is perfectly OK because the skeleton doesn't need to keep the
>passed array.

so no memory leak?

>>and what about returning new value?
>>
>>xsd__int_Array Benchmark1PortType::sendInts(int length)
>>{
>>    xsd__int_Array arr;
>>    arr.m_Size = length;
>>    arr.m_Array = (int *) malloc(length * sizeof(int));
>>    // fill in array with values
>>    return arr;
>>}
>>

>This is OK. But memory inside arr will if be deallocated by Axis Engine
>after serialization.

could you tell me what is the *right* way to implement this method so
there is no memory leak?

>>will it be de-allocated?
>>

>Yes

i will be testing it.