axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Supporting stub classes functionality to C stubs
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:28:29 GMT

> 1. To move the containers from Stub class to call class.
I myself wrote the Stub class. However I had to live with the existing class structure.
I think this situation of "moving" attributes from one class to another suggests that there
is
something wrong in the current class hierarchy.

Working with axis transport (client side) I experienced the same problem. It was a hell of
trouble to add something new. (e.g. I added connection timeout and proxy and I had to modify
around 6-7 classes to  add the feature.

I am trying to understand why exactly we should provide C support on top of C++. (If it was
other
way around it would have been more understandable)
However, having a good OO design is key as this is a C++ project. Once people start using
this
engine, the maintainability matters a lot and not only the code but also design should be
easy to
comprehend. (This is critical to draw more developers to this community.)

Samisa...