axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Ability to add custom headers to SOAP messeges, through the stub
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 14:49:02 GMT

Let me get this straight:

Today I can write a client who can add things to the SOAP header?

You are proposing adding a method which does not involve a handler? This
method being the one below: setSoapHeader (SoapHeader*
pSoapHeader).

Which Object is this on? The Call object?

John

             Roshan
             Weerasuriya
             <roshan@opensourc                                          To
             e.lk>                     "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
                                       <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
             20/05/2004 06:47                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Ability to add custom headers to
              "Apache AXIS C           SOAP messeges, through the  stub
             Developers List"

Hi all,

I am planing to work on "lProviding an API at the client stub to simply add

headers to SOAP messege". Currently there is a mechanism in Axis C++ to add

SOAP Headers through Handlers written by the user, i.e writing and
configuring a Handler to add SOAP Headers. One possible way of doing this
is that:
Provide a function at stub level such as setSoapHeader (SoapHeader*
pSoapHeader).

I would appreciate any of your ideas/comments on this matter.

rgds,
Roshan