axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "vsripada" <>
Subject question regarding deploying your own web service
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 18:41:31 GMT
   i've installed the axis c++ to write my own webservice .when i was going thru the ur guidelines....i
see that all the instructions have given wrt wsdl2ws tool.....i mean to say once we have an
WSDL file everything looks fine ....but i dont have an WSDL file with i need to
write a WSDL file first and then go-ahead using the wsdl2ws tool....or can i deploy my own
 webservice without an WSDL..........
because the user installaton guide says something,like this
Currently axis supports two methods to create and deploy a Web Service.
Method 1) A top down approach where you start with a WSDL.
Method 2) A bottom up approach where you start with a pre-written web service.
Here we discuss the first approach since the tool to support Method 2 (i.e wcg.exe) is in
a primitive and frozen state.
wat i was able to infere was that i need an WSDL first without which i cant deploy my own

web service ?

if i need write my own WSDL do i need approach in writing a WSDL ....
if anyone of guyzz can give me some links useful in writing an WSDL would be great
just want to make sure that i'm going head in right direction ........

View raw message