axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Transport layer?
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 10:45:47 GMT
Guys,
    I have been trying to write a base class for generated stubs with an API to get/set transport
properties.
    I found that AxisTransport::setTransportProperty(char*, char*) had an empty body. I filled
in
the methods (and commited) However, this means that the transport abstraction API is in place,
but
with no implemetation to test.

    In current transport (used by client side) we have several layers:
Abstract class SOAPTransport implemented by AxisTrasport
Abstract class Transport implemented by HttpTransport
Sender and Receiver classes - used by AxisTransport to access Transport - these tow classess
do
nothing but wrap the send and recev API
Then there is Channel class, which really does the TCP/IP sockt handling

q1. Why do we need 2 abstract classes (SOAPTransport and Transport)? Why not only
one?(SOAPTransport)
q2. What classes define the new abstract transport API? (SOAPTransport alone or both SOAPTransport
and Transport)
q3. Why do we need Sender and Receiver? I do not think they are need at all (eliminate them)

We can cut down the four layers:
AxisTransport --> Sender/Receiver --> HttpTransport --> Channel

to just 2:
HttpTransport --> Channel
on top of AxisTransport API.

Thanks,