axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Susantha Kumara" <susan...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: Ability to add custom headers to SOAP messeges, through the stub
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 07:37:44 GMT
Hi all,

I think we need some kind of re-structuring of the way that we handle
SOAP headers in Axis C++. May be I am wrong . Please correct me if so.
Following is the consideration.

At the moment the Axis C++ code generator (WSDL2WS tool) does not
generate code for handling SOAP headers. Please look at the attached
WSDL. There some SOAP headers are described which means that our code
generator can handle some work for the user. I mean
Serializing/Deserializing SOAP headers.

So I feel that any API functions that are used to get/set SOAP headers
should be in line with complex type handling APIs of Serializer and
Deserializer interfaces.

For an example the WSDL2Ws tool can create a complex type (class or
struct) for a SOAP header and its serializer/deserializer functions. But
these classes/structs and the API functions that are used within these
serializer/deserializer functions will be different from a regular
complex type and its functions.

Then any handlers or stubs will use those classes/structs/manipulation
functions.

If we do not do this with code generator the handler/stub writers will
have to write their own serializers/deserializers.

Instead why cant we just provide API functions to get/set the tool
generated complex type objects as header blocks ?. I mean functions
like,

addComplexHeaderBlock(void* cmplxObj, void* szfunct, void* dszfunct,
......)
getComplexHeaderBlock(char* blockname, .....);

Thanks
---
Susantha Kumara
Virtusa (pvt) Ltd.