axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From dami...@opensource.lk
Subject Re: client side log handling
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 04:58:10 GMT
Hi Istvan,

I have two suggestions about server deployment and client.
first the server
Axis C++ should install itself into a directory called for examples
axis-c-1-1 when you 'make install'. This folder is same as what we
currently copy into apache as Axis. In that way user need not copy folders
and mess with it.

Now the client
Actually you are correct in saying that we don't need any deployment
folder for client because there is no deployment. One option is that we
use an
environment variable to get the path for client logs.
But in the future when we have client side handlers where should we have the
client wsdd file?. In future there is possibility that there are handlers
which are not optional to the client engine. In that case we definitely
need that.
So I suggest that we have the following folder structure for the
axis-c-1-1 folder I mentioned earlier.

axis-c-1-1

----server
|          |