axis-c-dev mailing list archives

Subject RE: Resolving class name conflicts (for Axis c++ 1.2)
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:35:26 GMT
Hi Samisa,

I think there is no need to follow C styles everywhere because at the
moment there is no intention to gradually make Axis C++ Axis C. But in
order to achieve performance and stability we are planning get rid of STL.

> Hi Susantha,
>    Yes C++ projects use folders. But Axis C++ is not pure C++.
>    There is a C interface as well.
>    Why not use a file name prefix as in apache web server?

Of course We can use file name prefixes instead of namespaces. But that is
a lot of work. For an example Call class will be Axis_Call

>    Why do we have to use folders? Are there any specific advantages of
> using folders?

I think you are here talking about having folders to categorize include
files. We do this because we need to categorize them so that the client
developers will need only the set of include files in
/include/axis/client/ and server developer will need only

If we are going to get rid of folders
1. Call class will be Axis_Client_Call because we also need to make the
file name same as class name
2. In order to have a consistency we may need to get rid of folder
structure of /src/ too. This is then going to be a re-structure of whole