axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Suggestions on next release
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 05:46:47 GMT
Hi Susantha,
    Is there any way of making the transport layer thrad safe?

    (In other words; why the transport layer cannot be made thread safe?)

    In a real world deployment we expect the axis client to be thread safe.
Thanks,
Samisa...

Susantha Kumara <susantha@opensource.lk> wrote:

st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
As far as I know only the AxisTransport code is not thread safe. We are going to improve the
the transport API to support,

1. Implementing other transport layers than http

2. Setting and getting key value pairs other than Axis predefined headers such as SOAPAction
header

Then we are going to make the transport to be a separate library that is dynamically loaded
(explicitly with dlopen etc). Then its a requirement that any transport library (.dll or
.so) should be thread safe by it self.

When we separate the transport code as described above I can assure that rest of the code
is thread safe.

Thanks,

Susantha