axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Susantha Kumara" <>
Subject RE: client side log handling
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 03:56:44 GMT
Yes this seems to be a bug. We need to fix this for hotfix.

-----Original Message-----
From: Zolyomi Istvan (EXT-IT-Guru/Budapest)
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 4:43 PM
Subject: client side log handling

According to current Axis architecture, the location of the log file is
read from axiscpp.conf by the axis engine. This is conceptionally wrong
on the client side: the client must have a valid config (also specifying
location of a server.wsdd) to avoid segfaults (I've previously sent a
bug report about this).

I think this should be changed: the client should not have such a config
file since it does not have an Axis deployment directory at all. I'm not
sure how it could be resolved. Maybe the best solution would be to
specify the logfile in a parameter of the client programs. As an
alternative, it could be stored in an environment variable.

View raw message