axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Susantha Kumara" <susan...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: Axis C++ 1.2 trasport support
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 06:01:42 GMT
Hi all,

Does licensing issues affect when we provide only the wrappers to a
particular library ?. I mean as long as we donot ship any other library
with Axis C++ ?.
For an example SoapParserExpat is written to wrap Expat parser and it
includes expat.h (API functions declarations of the library). But we do
not ship either expat.h or expat libraries with Axis. Then it is the
user's responsibility to get licenses if he uses expat.

Am I wrong ?.

Thanks,

Susantha.

-----Original Message-----
From: Samisa Abeysinghe [mailto:samisa_abeysinghe@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 11:13 AM
To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
Subject: Axis C++ 1.2 trasport support

Hi all,
    The TODO list
(http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AxisCpp_TODO) mentions the
support
for different transport layers. (see item 1)

    It is mentioned there that libWWW support will provided. What are
the advantages of using
libWWW?  I think it will lead to licencing conflicts as with Expat vs
Xerces for the parser.
(libWWW license is similar to that of Expat, in other words its not
apache complient.)

    The idea of Transport abstraction layer is most welcome. Then
anybody could buld any transport
and use core Axis C++ engine on top of that.

Thanks,
Samisa...