axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Susantha Kumara" <susan...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: Suggestions on next release
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 05:41:03 GMT
+1 for having frequent releases. What about releasing once in 2 months ?

Susantha.

-----Original Message-----
From: damitha@opensource.lk [mailto:damitha@opensource.lk]
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 1:45 PM
To: axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Suggestions on next release

Hi all,
    I make a suggestion that Axis C++ should release frequently with
less durations between the releases. I think release 1.1 gave a good
example of this. So I suggest that we go for a 1.2 immediately. For that
I have few suggestions.

Fix the bugs associated with release 1.1 and incorporate them into 1.2
appropriately.(and/or make a hot fix release for 1.1)

Create an automated testing mechanism that makes the life easier for
project that make frequent releases.

Start discussions on what features that should be added to 1.2

damitha.