axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Susantha Kumara" <susan...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: Simple Types integration for DOC/LIT in C/C++ Stack
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:25:27 GMT
Hi Jean-Yves

> After a look about the current CVS code. I have two questions about
> enumeration support :
>
> Why int type are treated differently than the other basic types.

for in we can have enums in C or C++ so that there is compiler time checking
of enumerations. But for other restrictions like minInclusive and
maxInclusive we have to treat the same way as other basic types (we have to
have the restriction checking function).

Ex:
      <s:simpleType name="StatusType">
        <s:restriction base="s:int">
          <s:enumeration value="MORE"/>
          <s:enumeration value="LESS"/>
        </s:restriction>
      </s:simpleType>

we generate,
	typedef enum { MORE, LESS} StatusType;

> An enum is generated for int (compilation failed).

Compilation problem fixed.

>It might be better to
> treat all the basic types in the same way ?

Thanks,

Susantha.