axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Yves Baudy <>
Subject SOAP Header manipulation & Handler API
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 17:23:54 GMT

Hi Roshan,

I update to the last CVS version of the code. I made some tests with the
new Handler writing API for SOAP Headers. It works fine for client
runtime interaction (ss your sample show). But I didn't find any APIs
for passing or receiving parameters from this WSDL binding file. Here an
example :

   <wsdl:binding name="StockServiceSoapBinding" type="intf:StockService">
     <wsdlsoap:binding style="document"
     <wsdl:operation name="getLastSellPrice">
       <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
         <wsdlsoap:body use="literal" parts="input"/>
         <wsdlsoap:header message="intf:getLastSellPriceRequest"
part="request_header_param1" use="literal"/>
         <wsdlsoap:header message="intf:getLastSellPriceRequest"
part="request_header_param2" use="literal">
            <wsdlsoap:headerfault message="intf:getLastSellPriceRequest"
part="request_header_fault" use="literal"/>
         <wsdlsoap:body use="literal" parts="output"/>
         <wsdlsoap:header message="intf:getLastSellPriceResponse"
part="response_header" use="literal"/>

For this maybe we can add a dedicated HeaderBlock (HeaderParamBlock for
example) with the same API we have in the Call.h interface. But am not
sure about that (it could involve a huge code duplication when
deserialazing). An other way if doing this is to add a
SetSoapSerializer/SetSoapDeserializer setter but I don't know if it is
possible (the main problem is how to get the stream contents).

View raw message