axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Zolyomi Istvan (EXT-IT-Guru/Budapest)" <Ext-Istvan.Zoly...@nokia.com>
Subject Re: request for info on axis c++
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:05:29 GMT

Hi,

> There is a standalone server but we haven't been focusing on it much
> because there wasn't much interest (except for debugging). Can you
> folks help with it?

We're currently still in the inspection phase, considering different
SOAP frameworks to be used. Additionally, I'm not the guy in charge
here. However, I'm personally optimistic about Axic C++, you guys did a
lot of good work in a very short time.

> I have zero knowledge of SymbianOS .. is it POSIX compliant?? If so it
> should be relatively easy (or it *must* be relatively easy and we need
> to improve the codebase until it is!). Do you need the dynamic loadable
> handler stuff? If not that'll make things easier too.

Unfortunately it is *absolutely not* posix complient, even not fully C++
complient (e.g. no exceptions, no static variables, strange scheduling
architecture, etc). It can be programmed in pure C using some very basic
libraries only. So porting a C/C++ code to Symbian is often a pain in
the ass. :) However, it is a must since most mobile devices are based on
SymbianOS.

Soon I'm beginning to experiment with Axis C++, perhaps I'll have some
lame questions in the near future on the user mailing list. :)
--
	best regards

		Istvan