axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Lang <>
Subject Re: how to send a patch
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:19:37 GMT

Even better create a bug/feature request at and submit the patch there.  Bugzilla
contains an interface for adding patches to a bug.  This allows you to
keep track of the progress of the patch - and allows other developers to
take responsibility (or not) for merging the patches into CVS.

On a side note I'm curious about the AxisC++ process of accepting bugs.
Who gets what and assigns them to the appropriate people?

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 02:22, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> "Jaspreet Singh" <> writes:
> >
> > i would like to know the process of sending a patch for Axis.
> Update your copy to the latest CVS HEAD version, do a diff (using
> diff -u) and attach the result to an email and send it here.
> > Also, i am working on a standalone app that uses axis for xml-rpc. so the
> > socket transport layer is modified along with some other changes. what is
> > the chance that it will be accepted?
> I'm not sure whether I understand what you've changed; do you actually
> support the XML-RPC protocol? If so then committing that here doesn't
> make sense - look into committing it into the Apache XML-RPC project.
> If you mean that you've improved the "standalone-ness" then please do
> submit the patch with an explanation of what you've done ..
> Sanjiva.

View raw message