axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Lilantha Darshana" <>
Subject RE: Axis C++ and Tomcat
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:07:32 GMT
I would suggest you to try using only Apache for your deployment
of C++ axis, if you use *Apache* as your web-server.

If you connect Apache & tomcat with jk connector or Coyote JK 2
connector and deploy your C++ webservices in tomcat that causes some
performance degrading in your services. Because, C++ axis does not
have any servlets to process, you need not having tomcat (mod_jk) or
any servlet container if you use *Apache* web-server where, you deploy
mod_axis directly on the web-server.

Please specify your problems that you faced when configuring Axis C++
on Apache. axis-dev team will answer those question for you.

To deploy axis C++  on tomcat/servlet container you need some
JNI work to be done to dispatch all the servlet request to the C++ code.
This work is currently underway and will be available for next beta
version. But if you interest of trying out that I can help you on this.
see earlier mails about this topic in mailing list.

>I currently have apache and tomcat working together (with a jk
>connector) and I've been successfully using Axis (for Java) to
>invoke Java methods, but want to do the same for C++. I attempted
>to install axis C++ by following the docs online and failed;
>I think I need something to install Axis C++ with tomcat+apache.
>Are there any links/books that one knows of that can help me with this?

>  Kavita

View raw message