avro-user mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Mullins (BLOOMBERG/ BOSTON)" <jmullin...@bloomberg.net>
Subject SchemaBuilder.PropBuilder - setting JsonNode values
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 22:10:07 GMT
When programmatically building schemas, SchemaBuilder.PropBuilder#prop() only publicly permits
adding string property values.

In classes like FieldBuilder, this limits the ability to programmatically create schemas with
non-string property values -- which can be created when directly parsing a schema.

In our case, we'd like the ability to programmatically add non-string extension property values
for types like booleans. Since we augment and normalize developer-provided Avro schemas, the
absence of this puts us in a difficult position where we cannot programmatically reproduce
valid Avro schemas with non-string property values.

PropBuilder does contain a non-public method for adding JsonValue properties. This is what
we're looking for in FieldBuilder and this may be applicable to other builders as well.

If this change is desirable on some or all builders we're happy to submit a Jira along with
a patch for review.

Thank you,
Jeff

Sent from Bloomberg Professional for iPhone