avro-user mailing list archives

From f...@legsem.com
Subject Re: Avro schema properties contention on multithread read
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 16:20:01 GMT

which makes current implementation @NotThreadSafe

add @NotThreadSafe to the class...
> Utilities like Schemas.synchronizedSchema(...) and Schemas.unmodifiableSchema(...) could
be added to help with various use cases...

> --Z

Thank you for your reply. I like your Schemas.unmodifiableSchema(...) a
lot.

While what you are describing would be ideal, a simpler solution might
be to change the LinkedHashMap that backs jsonProperties into something
like a ConcurrentHashMap, avoiding the need for synchronization.

This being said ConcurrentHashMap itself does not preserve insertion
order, so its not a mere replacement to LinkedHashMap.