avro-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Typo in the docs?
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2017 21:28:05 GMT
Aliases are only applicable to named types and fields.

https://avro.apache.org/docs/current/spec.html#Aliases

Named types are records, enums and fixed:

https://avro.apache.org/docs/current/spec.html#names

The fixed documentation that says, "supports two attributes" is indeed
confusing.  We should perhaps change it to something like "supports the
following attributes".   Also, the "namespace" attribute should be noted as
optional.  Please file a Jira issue.

Thanks,

Doug