avro-user mailing list archives

From Elliot West <tea...@gmail.com>
Subject Schema compatibility library
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2017 11:53:59 GMT
Hello,

We at the Hotels.com Data Platform team have been using the features
provided by AVRO-1933 and AVRO-2003 in production for a while now. Given
that these issues have not yet been merged or released, we rolled the
functionality into a library for our use. We also developed a fluent API to
simplify the process of implementing compatibility checks in our internal
schema tooling and schema registries.

We've recently contributed our 'avro-compatibily' library as open source
and it is now located in GitHub and on Maven Central under an Apache 2.0
license. This sits alongside our earlier, related contribution of Jasvorno;
a library for strong, schema based conversion between 'natural' JSON
documents and Avro.

https://github.com/HotelsDotCom/avro-compatibility
https://github.com/HotelsDotCom/jasvorno

Please note that we are still committed to supporting and working on the
relevant open issues in the Avro project, and look forward to a point in
time where the functionality is a core part of Avro and our artifacts are
no longer needed.

Special thanks to Anders Sundelin for his foundational work on AVRO-1933.

All feedback appreciated, many thanks for your time,

Elliot.