avro-user mailing list archives

From Sam Groth <sgr...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Re-using record & enum types in single schema file
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 18:29:27 GMT
At least in Java, my understanding is that non-primitive type names are global to that schema
file so you could use approach 1, but instead of defining all types at the root union, define
them at the first subschema use and then refer to their type by name in the rest of the use
cases. Disclaimer: It's been a long time since I tried this so I could be wrong.

Hope this helps.Sam