avro-user mailing list archives

From Suraj Acharya <su...@apache.org>
Subject Re: When is v1.8.2 going to be released?
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 14:44:31 GMT
Hi Javier,

I made the last two tags so i can give you some context.
The RC2 and RC3 failed for license issues in java and versioning in JS.
I have fixed both of those. However, in the days after I started a couple
of people wanted a few code pieces merged. I had stopped that since I was
working on a release and that would cause continuous churn. I am giving
people time to merge any code in before I start back.
I intend to make another release in the next few days. I can say I will try
to make sure it is not paused.

Regarding when will this be released. I can't give you a definite date. I
try to make an hour or so a day for open source work and sometimes I am not
able to do the same. Also, it needs community help to pass an RC too. All I
can say is soon.

Hope that helps.