avro-user mailing list archives

From Arturo Candela <fri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Howto return an method error defined on the json.
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2017 11:18:23 GMT
Hi Everybody.

I'm getting a problem in the java client, instead of getting the
AvroRemoteExcetiption, I'm getting an AvroRuntimeException.

In the .net Server rpc part, I launch a ServerError (As defined on the json
structure) but in the java client, I got an "AvroRuntimeException"

The SpecificRequestor.java path is:
@Override
  public Exception readError(Schema writer, Schema reader, Decoder in)
    throws IOException {
    Object value = getDatumReader(writer, reader).read(null, in);
    if (value instanceof Exception)
      return (Exception)value;
    return new AvroRuntimeException(value.toString());
  }

The problem is that result of getDatumReader is a string instead of the
exception object. Both schemas are "string"

I think the avro framework doesn't know my remote exception but I don't
know why.

Could you help me please?

Regards.

El lun., 6 mar. 2017 a las 17:48, Arturo Candela (<frisix@gmail.com>)