avro-user mailing list archives

From Tim Upthegrove <tim.upthegr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Customizing JSON encoding for Avro C++ bindings
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2017 15:54:55 GMT
Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.  Indeed, we are trying to maintain some level of
backwards compatibility in the schema, and Fixed is what was used from the
beginning.  That is certainly an option worth considering internally
though, in case our team thinks this is important enough to break that
backwards compatibility.  My guess is that we'd probably post-process the
output of the JSON with an external utility and convert fields as-needed
before we'd alter the schema.  But our ideal case would be to add in some
code to make our tweaks only to the JSON encoding at runtime.

Thanks,
Tim

--

Tim Upthegrove