avro-user mailing list archives

From nick lawson <nickthet...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject avro-tools not serialising multibyte chars today
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2017 09:06:01 GMT
In the past I have used the avro-tools jar "fromjson" to convert a json file
containing utf-8 multibyte chars to avro as expected.  This data is type
"bytes" in the schema.

Today this isn't working for me  - instead the multibyte characters are each
represented in my avro output as a single ? (questionmark).

No doubt this is due to me changing something in myenvironment. Does anyone
know what I need to set/download to get back to normal running?

Thanks,

Nick