avro-user mailing list archives

From "Rabe, Jens" <jens.r...@iwes.fraunhofer.de>
Subject AW: When using the SpecificWriter with .net, I get an exception when a referenced object in my schema is null
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 15:17:50 GMT
Hello Jeremy,

at least with .net, this works. I can’t test with Scala currently as I am doing work on
another part of the project.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Von: Jeremy Fine [mailto:jeremy.fine@intentmedia.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. Januar 2017 16:12
An: user@avro.apache.org
Betreff: Re: When using the SpecificWriter with .net, I get an exception when a referenced
object in my schema is null

does avdl this work? i think you need to specify that a field can be null.

@namespace("sample")

protocol SampleAvro {

record Sample {

  union { null, string } foo;
  union { null, Sample } bar;
}
}

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Rabe, Jens <jens.rabe@iwes.fraunhofer.de<mailto:jens.rabe@iwes.fraunhofer.de>>
wrote:
Hello again,

it turns out I was wrong in first place. I re-tested it in Scala and get the same error.

Gues I’ll have to redesign the schema then to avoid the nulls.