avro-user mailing list archives

From Luis Trigueiros <luistriguei...@gmail.com>
Subject Support for MonetaryAmount
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2016 11:40:01 GMT
Hi,

I would love to see support for MonetaryAmount in a similar way that exist
with the JSR354 to solve the question of how to we serialize over the wire
a monetary amount in a language neutral way and been able to have different
languages working with the same concept of money.
At the basics we I now that a monetary amount has a currency and an amount
value, but how do we serialize the amount is it a double or a BigDecimal ?
This seems to be such a common use case the that maybe would be support out
of the box the same way that the is support for Timestamp.

Thank you, kindly
Luis Oscar Trigueiros