avro-user mailing list archives

From Check Peck <comptechge...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to extract String from GenericRecorcd as null instead of null string?
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2016 02:07:53 GMT
Hi John,

Thanks for the link. I understood now. So that means we should check for
the object as null and if it is not null then convert back to string? Is
this the right way then?
Or there is any better way by which we can extract all the typed value from
GenericRecord? Below is the question I had long time back but everyone
suggested directly to use "String.valueOf".

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40792614/how-to-get-typed-value-from-genericrecord