avro-user mailing list archives

From tl ...@rat.io>
Subject Re: Avro -> JDBC ?
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2016 21:38:06 GMT
Thanks for the hint! I should have mentioned though that I have to support at least one level
of nested arrays or maps. The sink connector doesn’t do that, so I didn’t bother to look
into the setup effort required.

> On 19 Dec 2016, at 20:35, John McClean <jmcclean@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've never done this, but I were to try I'd start by looking at Confluent's JDBC sink
connector.

> http://docs.confluent.io/3.1.1/connect/connect-jdbc/docs/index.html
>
> It's going to have all the moving parts you need. The question will be whether it's too
heavy-weight and requires too much setup. Not having used it, I don't know.

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 10:49 AM, tl <tl@rat.io> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote a small tool[0] that converts network monitoring data from a homegrown format
to Avro, Parquet and JSON, using Avro 1.8.1 with the 'specific' API (with code generation).

> Now I need to import the same data into an RDBMS (a Derby derivate) through JDBC. The
database schema mimics closely the Avro schemata.

> I wonder if there’s an easy way to hook into the machinery that I already built and
make it talk to an RDBMS too. Does this sound reasonable? Has it been done before? Any hints
on how to proceed or where to look?

.