avro-user mailing list archives

From suraj acharya <suraj....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nesting records in Avro
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2016 19:24:52 GMT
You can try to create a schema with information somewhat like this

{
    "name": "person",
    "type": "record",
    "fields": [
        {"name": "firstname", "type": "string"},
        {"name": "lastname", "type": "string"},
        {
            "name": "address",
            "type": {[ "AddressUSRecord" , "null"]
                    },
        }
    ]
},
{"name" : "AddressUSRecord",
"type" : "record",
"fields" : [
    {"name": "streetaddress", "type": "string"},
    {"name": "city", "type": "string"}
]
}

This way, the AddressUSRecord can be used from some other place, say
billing.
Hope that helps.

-Suraj Acharya