avro-user mailing list archives

From Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>
Subject Re: is this an appropirate Avro use case?
Date Mon, 09 May 2016 17:21:45 GMT
you can use avro to handle columns being added without warning. you can
also use avro to handle column renames, etc.

you cannot use avro to ensure the data comes in the format you expect (the
negative numbers issue). you will have to parse these variations before
converting to avro.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 12:14 PM, Bob Wakefield <adaryl.wakefield@hotmail.com