avro-user mailing list archives

From Sam Groth <sgr...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: is this an appropirate Avro use case?
Date Wed, 11 May 2016 16:11:48 GMT
So there are 2 possible cases that I see: 1) You are able to get the data producer to switch
to Avro using type int/double for the number fields. Then they would be forced to follow the
types in the schema. 2) You write a data cleansing layer to fix inconsistencies and handle
schema changes. In this case, I don't see any advantage to using Avro.

Sam

    On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:49 AM, Bob Wakefield <adaryl.wakefield@hotmail.com>