avro-user mailing list archives

From Evan McClain <aeroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Avro decode very slow in Python
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 22:05:01 GMT
Hi Welly,

On Fri, 2016-03-25 at 18:04 +0000, Hong, Shunhui Welly wrote:
> Hi Evan,
>
> I found it difficult to install pyavroc. I just switched to fastavro.
> But still have no idea how to do binary decoding by leveraging
> fastavro. I am very appreciated if you can provide a sample.

There is an example in the project's README:
https://github.com/tebeka/fastavro#reading

It basically deserializes into a python dict.

pyavroc can either deserialize into dicts or objects with attributes
(as in record['field'] or record.field).

Probably the best example for deserializing is in the benchmark script:
https://github.com/Byhiras/pyavroc/blob/master/examples/benchmark.py#L63

--
Evan McClain <aeroevan@gmail.com>