avro-user mailing list archives

From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject RE: Avro sample/test files
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2015 22:29:52 GMT
Everything may be explained, which is of limited help to me.  What I’m after is interop validation.
 I need files that others have written to ensure that our use of Avro is able to handle files
written by other applications.  Does anything like that exist for public consumption?
Thanks,
John Lilley

From: Chris Miller [mailto:cmiller11101@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 10:14 AM
To: user@avro.apache.org
Subject: Re: Avro sample/test files

It's really pretty simple. Everything is explained here with examples: http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.7.7/spec.html.
That's what I used to figure out how to build my schema.

--
Chris Miller

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 1:09 AM, John Lilley <john.lilley@redpoint.net<mailto:john.lilley@redpoint.net>>
wrote:
Does anyone know of a website/repository for Avro sample or test files?  I’ve crawled around
the source folders and things seem to be fairly limited.  Perhaps I’m missing something
obvious and need to RTFM?

Mostly I am looking for practical examples with multiple records, containing complex column
types.

If you have any Avro files that you can share, please do!

John Lilley