avro-user mailing list archives

From "Lukas Steiblys" <lu...@doubledutch.me>
Subject Re: What is the status of Date coding?
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 13:56:36 GMT
Probably the best practice is to simply encode the number of seconds/milliseconds since 1970-01-01
UTC, also known as Unix or Epoch time, and then convert to whatever timezone you want on the
client side. This has been the only sane approach that worked for me over the years.

Lukas

From: Zijing Guo
Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2015 5:58 AM
To: user@avro.apache.org ; Zijing Guo
Subject: Re: What is the status of Date coding?

I also paste this question on stackoverflow, What is the best practice of code Date field
in Apache Avro as of now?

      What is the best practice of code Date field in Apache A...
      I have been searching around and saw the jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-739
for this matter, but I don't have a better sense of what avro support f...

      View on stackoverflow.com Preview by Yahoo