avro-user mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Is Avro Splittable?
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 14:11:39 GMT
Avro Container Files are always splittable[1]. They're the way you will
commonly interact with Avro serialized data.

Data serialized as Avro's binary encoding is not splittable by itself,
because the encoding includes no markers[2]. This may be the source of the
disconnect you're finding in online docs.

[1]: http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.7.7/spec.html#Object+Container+Files
[2]: http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.7.7/spec.html#Data+Serialization

--
Sean