avro-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Zenger <a.zen...@cetec.cc>
Subject AW: Deserialize Avro Object Without Schema
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:10:43 GMT
Hi,

yes and it is working for me. Altough I'm reading data from a file, and I create a
DataFileReader from the GenericDatumReader which then reads the deserialized data.
On a quick look, I didn't find a FileReader for streams.
Here is my example:

   DatumReader<GenericRecord> datumReader = new GenericDatumReader<GenericRecord>();
    DataFileReader<GenericRecord> dataFileReader = null;
    try {
      dataFileReader = new DataFileReader(DATA_FILE, datumReader);
    } catch (IOException exp) {
      System.out.println("Could not read file " + DATA_FILE.getName());
      System.exit(1);
    }

    GenericRecord person = null;
    try {
      person = dataFileReader.next(person);
    } catch (IOException exp) {
      System.out.println("Could not read user from file " + DATA_FILE.getName());
      System.exit(1);
    }

    System.out.println("Id:    " + person.get("id"));
    System.out.println("Name:  " + person.get("name"));
    System.out.println("Email: " + person.get("email"));

--
Regards
Alexander Zenger