avro-user mailing list archives

From Avi Flax <...@timehop.com>
Subject Value constraints in schemas?
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:30:54 GMT
Hi all, I’m new to Avro so I apologize if this is a FAQ — I did try to
search the list archives, Google, the spec, etc…

I just wrote a module that serializes and deserializes a certain data
structure to/from Avro and my module also has a validate method for
validating value constraints that so far I have yet to see how to
express in my Avro schema. For example that certain int fields may not
be 0, or that certain string fields may not be empty.

Is it possible to express such constraints in an Avro schema?

Thanks!
Avi