avro-user mailing list archives

From Arunasalam G <zealousa...@gmail.com>
Subject Doubt in a AVRO scenario
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 06:48:05 GMT
Hi,

I am new to AVRO and have a doubt in a scenario. Kindly requesting you to
help me on this.

    1. An AVRO object is constructed and is serialized and stored as value
in HBASE table.
    2. While retrieving it, we are retrieving the stored Byte Array value.

Is it possible to retrieve the schema directly from the Byte Array value
just like we retrieve schema from a file?
Because we don't want to initialize the DatumReader object with schema
initialized.
I find that AVRO supports retrieving a schema from an AVRO file using
DataFileReader wherein, the schema can be obtained from the avro file and
hence, DatumReader can be initialized without schema.
But in our case, we needed to initialize the Reader without schema and
hence, is there any way to retrieve the schema stored in a serialized byte
array object?

I would be really greatful if you take a look at the following scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Arun G