avro-user mailing list archives

From Fengyun RAO <raofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject How to use Avro timestamp in CDH 5.3?
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 09:43:14 GMT
CDH 5.3 release note says, Apache Avro has new date, time, timestamp, and
duration binary types.

What I need is a timestamp in the impala table created from a parquet file,
how to achieve this with the new Avro feature introduced by AVRO-739
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-739>
I write a schema with

{"name": "ServerTime", "type": "long", "logicalType":
"timestamp-millis", "default": 0}

but when I use mvn generate-sources, ServerTime is still a java long, and
if I write the record to parquet using AvroParquetWriter,

it’s int64, and then I load the file to impala, ServerTime is now bigint,
not timestamp .

Note that I've updated avro, parquet-avro, avro-maven-plugin to the latest
cdh5.3.0 version

​