avro-user mailing list archives

From Check Peck <comptechge...@gmail.com>
Subject Invalid default for field warning message coming from Avro?
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 00:46:19 GMT
I have a avro schema like this in which I have `is_userid_present` decalred
as boolean and I wanted to give default value as false to it so I came up
with below avro schema.

    {
       "type":"record",
       "name":"hello",
       "fields":[
          {
             "name":"u",
             "type":[
                "string",
                "null"
             ]
          },
          {
             "name":"p",
             "type":"string"
          },
          {
             "name":"bu",
             "type":"boolean"
          },
          {
             "name":"is_userid_present",
             "type":"boolean",
             "default":"false"
          }
       ]
    }

But from Avro code, I am seeing this warning message -

    [WARNING] Avro: Invalid default for field is_userid_present: "false"
not a "boolean"

I am not sure what wrong I am doing here? If I have avro schema like this,
then will it be of any problem for writing and reading the data?