avro-user mailing list archives

From "Murali K. Kandula" <Murali.Kand...@threattrack.com>
Subject RE: Bus error when run the Avro C in multithreaded application
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 13:32:48 GMT
Each thread is writing to a different file and also builded the avro c library with DTHREADSAFE=true
option but still seeing the issue.

From: Douglas Creager <douglas@creagertino.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 8:20 AM
To: user@avro.apache.org
Subject: Re: Bus error when run the Avro C in multithreaded application

> The application creates a four threads and each thread will run the below
> mentioned code and serialized the data.

Is each thread writing to a separate file, or to the same file?  The
avro_file_writer functions are not thread-safe, so if you're trying to
write to a single file you'll need to synchronize the file writing
portion, or have an additional I/O thread that handles the writing,
collecting records from the four worker threads.